20 Things You Should Stop Wasting Your Time Doing In Your 20s
1. Deciding your worth based on your social media ‘likes.’ It’s okay if you didn’t break 100 likes. I promise. No one is actually checking anyway and if someone is then they’ve got their own issues to deal with. Double or triple digit ‘likes’ do not make you enough.
2. Constantly comparing yourself to your friends. It’s not a competition to see who can get the best job the fastest or who can move out of their parents house and make it the longest without coming home. It’s not a competition or a race because sometimes the best things take time. It’s very unlikely for you to just wind up at your dream job right off the graduation stage. You might not be ready just yet and that’s okay. Just keep working towards what you want and hangout with people who help push you to get there.
3. Staying in a relationship because you’re scared to be alone. Or maybe you’re scared that there’s no one else around or that you’ll have to deal with dating again. So you stay in your unhappy relationship in your 20s and pray that things will somehow get better as life goes on in your 30s and 40s and forever. That’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard, but hey I’m single, what do I know, right?
4. Feeling the need to justify your choices. You don’t need to justify your choices or decisions to anyone. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it. If you want to do something, do it. If you fail that’s great, at least you tried to go after something you want, unlike everyone else who is still sitting on their parents couch.
5. Looking for reassurance that you are enough. You are enough. You are enough. You are enough. You are enough. You don’t need to base your self-worth around someone else’s opinion of you because you are worth way more than that. You should be your own biggest fan. Take the time to love yourself and see your self-worth for yourself. You’re awesome. Feel it and love it and accept it. No one defines your self-worth except for you.